Thursday, March 3, 2011

You call it stalking... I call it isolated adoration from an obscure proximity. (ninja style)

to the boy in my exceptional students class,
remember when we were in class and we met for the first time? (i use the word met loosely here) You waited and held the door open for me at the end of class. You smiled and for a moment: i'm pretty sure i got lost in your eyes. you probably thought i was just staring at you... which i probably was.
it is not that i stalk you per-say. more like i am overly aware of my surroundings when you are there. Can i help it that we walk the same route through the school to our next classes? no. the other day while we were weaving our way through the crowds of fellow classmates, my ipod began to play the song, 'i will follow him' by little peggy march. Ironic. but listening to those lyrics i realized there is good news... I'm not that dedicated of a stalker.
Lyrics
"I will follow Him, ever since
He touched my heart I knew,
There isn't an ocean too deep,
A mountain so high, it can keep,
Keep me away, away from His love"

My thoughts
"ok... got that down"
"well... you smiled at me once"
"The ocean is way to deep and creepy"
"man, that sounds like a lot of work."
"peggy... you are nuts?"

In all actuality boy, who still remains nameless... You should be grateful. there are so many different kinds of stalkers that you can encounter which are worse, like the puppy dog stalker. The person who some how manages to sniff you out and follow you around. they try to be your best friend, when really they are just creepy and when you finally get away from them, you look back and they remind you of a stray puppy locked outside in the rain.
i'm not the girl that will call you a million times and park my car outside your house in the pouring rain. I won't wait for you to come home and listen to 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' over and over again as tears stream down my face. No sir.
I will simply be aware that you and i are walking the same direction. You should be flattered... I'm just enjoying the view. And i am even planning on talking to you one day. but until then we'll just walk in silence to the Woodbury business building when you will go your way and i'll go mine.
Yours truly,
emily

2 comments:

malia said...

Seriously. I am your #1 fan. I added your blog to my blog because I think the world should share in my same joy.

Amanda said...

You're taking exceptional students? Are you going into a teaching program? If it's secondary ed we might have classes together!